Parking the car...Who does it better?
7/13/2012 11:53:00 AM
WOMEN!!! Does this surprise you?
That's not all...check THIS out:
Women are better at finding parking spaces too!!
I didn’t make this up…it was from a British study that looked at different components of driving styles.
Here are the results:
- In general, women were more skilled at getting into a space than men.
- Women were more accurate in lining up their vehicle.
- 52 percent of women aligned their car in the middle of the parking space.
- 39 percent of women were able to cleanly back up into a parking space.
- Men were less patient than women, which caused them to miss open spaces.
- Women take a slower approach to parking…so this allowed them to better find open spaces and see when another driver was about to leave.
But men do excel at some things:
- Men were more skilled at driving forward into a parking space.
- Men were more confident overall; that is, fewer men than women opted to reposition the car once it was parked.
and…Men parked faster, taking 16 seconds, on average, compared with the 21 seconds women needed to park. Still, once all the criteria were taken into account, women ranked first with a total score of 13.4 out of 20, compared to 12.3 points achieved by men.
What do you think? Are you better at parking?!